Friday 9 March 2012

Cadwell Park Track Day

Barn
It was nice to get back to Cadwell and have another day on the little NC30. Last year I came to Cadwell and had never ridden the bike, so it was interesting to come back and see if I've got more comfortable on the bike.



Set off really early 5:45am, on Friday morning to get to the track for 8am. Usual routine Sign in, Riders meeting and sound test before the first session. Signed up for the intermediate group so I was expecting to be blown away down the straights!


First session and a bit of a disaster, after one lap the bike was losing power and I ground to a halt after the chicane, the bike restarted and I headed back to the pits. It felt like fuel starvation, I checked the tank and thought that I might be running out of fuel so I put a gallon into the tank. I wasn't confident that this was going to fix it so I had a word with the guys at No Limits who were very helpful and let me go out for a lap with the Novices to test the bike. There was still a problem, it did the same again.


The mountain
Scratching my head in the pits I took the tank off the bike and removed the fuel tap, blowing through it I realised that something was causing a part blockage in the tap. Last year I'd had the fuel tap in bits and siliconed it back together, a ring of silicon had come loose and was floating around in the fuel tap, I managed to get this out without having to strip it further. Put everything back together and thankfully the rest of the day went without a hitch!


Bottom of Mountain
I had a fun day building on my knowledge from last year. I ended up going into Coppice in 5th gear, dropping to 4th for the first part of Charlies, briefly into 3rd before the straight, much quicker than last year, but there's still more speed here!


I was much more aggressive through the Mountain and Hall Bends. It was good fun in the intermediate group and I had to work really hard to make any progress, hope I wasn't in anyone's way!


Our group was pretty good and there wasn't any disruption to the sessions, no red flags!


Had a great day, no accidents but I was stiff on Saturday, I'm getting too old!

No comments:

Post a Comment