Thursday 14 November 2013

New Model Army - O2 Academy Leeds

Obligatory Crap Photo!
Bought tickets a couple of month ago to see New Model Army at the O2 in Leeds. I was expecting a set that featured several tracks from their new album 'Between Dog and Wolf', and predictably the gig started in this vain. I quite like the new material, the tribal beats and quite subdued lyrics do make the album different from other NMA albums. Thankfully I've been listening quite allot so the new songs were all familiar to me. Andrea wasn't too impressed, typically wanting to hear all the old favourites.

The gig went pretty fast, there was some quite unusual stuff, Archway Towers was quite a surprise! My Favourite song was 'Christian Militia', their first encore, by this time I was in the thick of it at the front, throwing my weight (what little I have) about in the ruck, all good fun. Just got to keep smiling as you bounce around off everyone!

I enjoyed the gig, but struggled (as always) with the venue, the O2 just doesn't create an atmosphere that makes you feel that you're seeing something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment